Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I regularly receive information from ChaletsPlus?
- If you register here to receive our free Newsletter, you will be the first to receive the latest news by e-mail. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Is ChaletPlus reliable and is my money safe?
- Yes, ChaletsPlus adheres to the SGR terms and condition (SGR is a Guarantee Fund for travellers). Furthermore, we are a member of the Ecommerce Europe Trustmark. So your money is safe with us.
ChaletsPlus has been renting holiday homes in Austria since 1996 and is given an average score of 8.7 out of 10 by its customers. Read more about ChaletsPlus.
- Where can I find the latest information on the measures concerning the Coronavirus in Austria?
- Check out our Corona Live Blog for more information
- Why book with ChaletsPlus?
- ChaletsPlus stands for personal and customer service, has a unique offer of holiday homes, works with local expertise, demands high quality and you can book safely and reliably with us.
- How can I cancel my booking?
- If, due to circumstances, you need to cancel your booking, please notify us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention your reservation number and customer number. You can always contact us by phone through +31 (0)182 546524.
- What do I have to pay if I cancel?
A cancellation may incur costs. In article 4 you can find all conditions and possible costs in the event of a cancellation.
If you have a cancellation insurance and you are cancelling for reasons that are considered valid by your insurance, then you may be able to recover these costs through your insurance. You will find the terms and conditions of the cancellation policy under Cancellation Insurance.
- When do I have to cancel to avoid being charged?
- You can cancel your holiday free of charge within seven days of the booking. These seven days constitute an exception to the General Terms and Conditions for Thuiswinkel. In these terms and conditions, the right of withdrawal is 14 days, but this does not apply to ChaletsPlus because we sell you a service, not a product.
Please send your cancellation via e-mail to email@example.com , stating your booking number. If applicable, we will refund the amount paid to ChaletsPlus within seven working days.
- Can I book a wheelchair-friendly holiday home at ChaletsPlus?
- ChaletsPlus has a wide range of holiday homes in various holiday destinations in Austria. We know the area and all holiday homes are or have been visited and inspected by us. If you are looking for a wheelchair-friendly holiday home, we would advise you to get in touch with us. We will then be able to provide you with ‘tailor-made’ advice.
- Can I book additional ski passes?
- It is possible to book additional ski passes for the Zillertal Arena, click here for more information.
- Can I book additional ski rental?
- Via our website, you can book ski or snowboarding equipment with a 10% discount, click here for more information.
- Can I take an option?
You can take an option of 4 days (96 hours) on virtually all holiday homes. You can take an option onlien on our website or you can notify us of the option by telephone or e-mail. You can take an option on max. 2 holiday homes. This option remains available for 96 hours, after which you can convert it into a final booking. The option expires automatically after 96 hours.
Within two weeks before arrival we can not notify an option.
- How can I make a change for my booking afterwards?
- You can make us aware of changes related to a booking via My ChaletsPlus. A change fee of € 35 may be charged.
- I would like to rent a holiday home for more or less than 8 days. Is this possible?
- Yes that is possible, depending on the season. In spring, summer and autumn you can book different periods with us with a minimum stay of 3 nights. For the winter season, the arrival and departure day is generally on a Saturday and in some cases on Sundays. You can see our options through our search function. If you are interested in a different period, you can always contact us.
- What does is ChaletsPlus definition of on the piste/lift?
- When you include "near the slope" in your search we will assume that you want the ski slope and/or ski lift to be situated no more than approx. 250 metres away.
- What is the procedure when I have booked online?
- You will immediately receive an automatic reply through e-mail after booking through the Internet. Your request will be verified in our reservation system after which you will receive confirmation through e-mail followed by the reservation confirmation/invoice. More information about online booking.
- When will the travel information be sent?
- You will receive the travel information by e-mail no later than 10 days before departure after having made the payment for your holiday. If you have ordered ski passes, everything will be sent to you by regular post.
- Why is there no customer review at a holiday home?
- In most cases it concerns a new holiday home.
- View all questions
- How can I pay for my reservation?
- You can transfer the payment yourself via your bank to our IBAN NL51ABNA0423734733 BIC: ABNANL2A stating your reservation number with your payment. Or make an online payment by "My ChaletsPlus. You can choose from a number of payment methods, such as Maestro, VISA & Mastercard.
- I get an error when I try to pay online with my credit card.
- There is a limit of € 6,000.00 on your credit card payment. You may wish to make a payment for a higher amount. If you encounter any problems with your payment, please contact us.
- When do I have to pay for my reservation?
- You must pay (at least) 30% of the complete booking plus any cancellation insurance within 7 days of the day on which you made the reservation. You must pay the remainder of the amount no later than six weeks before you leave. If you are leaving within the next six weeks, you must pay the full amount in full.
- When will my deposit be refunded?
- If everything in the holiday home is found to be in proper order after your departure, there are two possibilities:
- If you paid the deposit on the spot, it will be refunded on the spot.
- If you paid the deposit to ChaletsPlus, your deposit will be refunded no later than 14 days after you return home. Check that you have entered the correct IBAN and BIC information in My ChaletsPlus.
- Why do I have to pay a security deposit?
- For a number of holiday homes, you will need to pay a security deposit. The deposit will be put back into your account after your holiday.
- Are snow tyres required during the winter months?
- Cars (including foreign cars) must have winter equipment as from January 2008 when driven under winter conditions. In particular, snow tyres and sufficient screen washer liquid that are suitable for winter conditions are meant with winter equipment. Snow tyres are compulsory in Austria during the winter season. Read more about snow tyres.
- Do I need to take snow chains?
- During the winter months, having snow chains in your vehicle is mandatory in Austria. At certain locations (e.g. mountain passes) you must fit snow chains to your vehicle. This will be indicated on traffic signs.
- Where can I charge my electric car?
- A number of holiday homes have an electric charging pole for charging electric cars. It is not allowed to charge the vehicle via a socket in the holiday home. Click here to find holiday homes with a charging station.
- Where can I purchase the Austrian Motorway Vignet?
- The Motorway Vignette can be obtained in Austria from all motorway border crossings, at various Austrian petrol stations and petrol stations along the motorway in Southern Germany. The Motorway Vignette for passenger cars and motorcycles can als be booked online through ASFINAG. This must be purchased at least 18 days before your departure.
- how can I reach my final destination from the airport
- From the airport you can reach your destination by public transport. However, you should expect longer journey times and more frequent changes than you may be used to. Via Google maps you can easily plan your route by public transport.
Transport from the airport to your destination is of course also (partly) possible by taxi or rental car from Innsbruck.
- Arrival/ departure: How should I leave the holiday home on departure?
- Please clean the floors with a broom, empty the dishwasher and clean the oven. Also put your waste and empty bottles in the appropriate waste container and remove the bedding from the beds.
- Arrival/ departure: What time are arrival and departure?
Arrival at the holiday home is possible from 4 pm on the day of arrival. When u are arriving later than 6 pm, we kindly request to contact the reception on site on the day of arrival. The reception details are listed on the travel information.
On the day of departure, you must vacate the property before 10 am.
- Bed linen: Can I bring my own bed linen?
- It is not allowed to bring your own bed linen. In most holiday homes, the beds will have been made when you arrive. See the pricing information for the relevant holiday home for more details.
- Can I buy Nespresso Cups in the supermarket?
- You cannot buy Nespresso Cups in Austrian supermarkets. If there is a Nespresso coffee machine, you must bring your own Nespresso Cups. In most supermarkets, you can get cups of other brands that will fit Nespresso machines.
- Can I take my dog?
- Pets are not allowed in most holiday homes. In these holiday homes are pets allowed; you will, however, incur an additional cleaning charge.
- Is the floorplan always right?
- Every attempt has been made to accurately reflect the layout of the living room, kitchen, bedroom(s) and bathroom(s) in the pictures and/or floor plans featured on the website. In principle, the floor plans are based on the actual layout. Dimensions and layout could vary somewhat. No rights may be derived from the pictures and/or layouts.
- Is the supermarket open on Sundays?
- Supermarkets are often open on Sundays in the afternoon during winter in the ski regions. Supermarket opening hours are announced at the entrance of the supermarket. We recommend taking part-baked rolls, toilet paper, a dishwashing block, coffee, tea etc., with you for the first day.
You can also obtain more information about the supermarket opening hours from your local host at your destination.
- Is there Internet in the chalet or apartment?
- All accommodations have free Internet. The information for the Internet connection is provided in the the chalet or apartement.
ChaletsPlusand the owner takes no responsibility for the Internet connection. See the rental agreement with the lessor of the holiday home Article 8.
- Is there an inventory list?
- There is no inventory list, the holiday homes are fully furnished and equipped for the maximum number of persons.
- Kitchen Towels: Are kitchen towels etc. available?
- You will need to bring your own kitchentowels (tea and hand towels). We also recommend that you bring dishwasher tablets and/or detergent.
- Sandwich-Service: Can I change the sandwich order?
- You can ask the supplier to change the sandwich order at the location.
- Sandwich-Service: How can I pay for my sandwich service?
- You can pay the supplier for the sandwich service on site.
- Sandwich-Service: Where can I order rolls and bread?
- We offer Königsleiten, Hochkrimml, Wald im Pinzgau, Neukirchen, Bramberg and Saalbach guests a Sandwich service in the winter and summer (Juni to August months) seasons. Your order of fresh bread will be delivered each day.
- Towels: Can I order (additional) towels?
- You can order (additional) towels at our local receptions for an additional charge.
- Towels: How many towels are there?
- There are 2 towels per person (1 small and 1 large towel) as standard, unless otherwise stated in your travel information. The towels are not changed in the meantime. If desired, you can book a towel package and pay it on site. Or you can bring extra towels yourself.
- What do I do if I have a complaint about the holiday home?
- If you have a complaint about your holiday home, please report this to the reception as soon as possible when you arrive in Austria. You can find out more about the complaints procedure here.
- What type of coffee maker do the holiday homes have?
- All our holiday homes have a standard filter coffee maker. If the property also has a Senseo or a Nespresso machine, this will be stated in the description on our website.
- Where are the holiday homes exactly?
- ChaletsPlus rents holiday homes in different villages: Dienten, Hochkrimml, Königsleiten, Mauterndorf, Bramberg, Neukirchen, Saalbach Hinterglemm and Wald im Pinzgau.
The exact location of the chalet or apartment can be viewed through on the website at the holiday homes description.
- View all questions
- Can I still get cancellation insurance?
- You can buy cancellation insurance during booking or within seven days after the booking.
- Is there accommodation inventory insurance for the holiday home?
- Most holiday homes have inventory insurance valid, this is stated on your booking confirmation.
Do you have another question? Please feel free to contact us.