Child friendly ski areas
Are you planning to book a ski holiday to Austria? Just like you, children also want to have fun during a winter sports holiday. And it's really nice to know that they are in good hands so that you can leave them at their own ski school with complete peace of mind. That's why it's well worth booking a winter sports holiday in a child-friendly ski resort. Fortunately, there are countless opportunities in Austria to spend your winter sports holiday in a family-friendly ski resort. Here's why it's a good idea to choose a small ski resort when you go skiing with your family.
Reasons to opt for a small ski resortChild-friendly ski resorts are a godsend when you go on a skiing holiday with young children. What benefits does this offer?
- A small ski resort is a good choice because it is smaller and easier to keep an eye on the children.
- A small ski resort often has fewer après-ski bars and the nightlife is nil, making it quieter for families.
- Winter sports in a family-friendly ski resort are more geared to children. There are many activities and there is plenty of guidance.
- There are often some more blue runs on which you can learn to ski quietly and yet see many different parts of the area.
- Thanks to good ski schools, your children learn fast and can try adventurous skiing.
Top 3 family-friendly ski resortsThinking of booking a ski holiday with children to Austria? Make sure you choose a ski resort that is great for the whole family.
1. Wildkogel Arena
Wildkogel Arena ski resort is extremely popular during the winter. This is because the 85 percent of the ski slopes consist of blue and red runs. This makes it ideal for beginners and families with children. In addition, Wildkogel Arena also has the longest lit toboggan run in the world and various side activities to do if you want to do something different than skiing or snowboarding! Family fun everywhere.
Fanningberg is located south of the Alpine main ridge and is a perfect ski resort for beginners and families. Fanningberg consists of one mountain with rolling slopes. You always arrive at the valley station and this makes the ski area attractive for young families. The blue run, for example, is over 2 kilometres long and ideal for a first descent with children.
Katschberg-Aineck is one of the best ski resorts in Austria and has is known for considering the needs of young winter sports enthusiasts. There are protected areas for children where they can quietly master the techniques of skiing under the guidance of expert instructors. In addition, there are many other activities to do such as tobogganing and trips in horse-drawn sleighs.