5 activities you must try in Austria
You may have heard that Austria has more to offer than just vast ski areas, but did you also know that this country is the ideal summer destination? You can do countless activities in the summer during a holiday in Austria. We have listed five great activities below for anyone who could use some inspiration and is considering booking a holiday to Austria. So, grab a pen and paper and read on quickly because your next summer holiday destination will be clear with these to-dos.
1. Go on a nature adventureAustria is known for its beautiful nature and fairytale character. And let's face it, what better way to discover nature than by bike or on foot? There are countless cycling and walking routes of all levels throughout the country. Sports enthusiasts will be delighted with the many tours through the mountains, while recreational cyclists and walkers will enjoy the countless accessible tours along lakes and rivers. Do you want to give walking a new dimension? Then visit the ice cave Eisriesenwelt. So put on those walking shoes or get on your bike and hit the road.
2. Tobogganing through natureWhen you think of Austria, you think of tobogganing - the ultimate activity during your holiday and a ride down will undoubtedly provide an adrenaline rush. Chances are you've never done this before and find tobogganing a fun variation on a standard amusement park. You can stay in control of your sledge, so you can either zoom down at full speed or enjoy what you see at a leisurely pace. This activity is entirely corona-proof and can be carried out 100% safely during your holiday.
3. Climbing in a climbing parkThe third activity that you should not miss during a holiday in Austria is, in our opinion, a visit to a climbing park. Not only are you enjoying the outdoors, but you can also catch a glimpse of the beautiful surroundings from the tallest trees. Austria has an infinite number of climbing parks, so there is always one nearby. Complete a course full of obstacles, soar from tree to tree and climb all over the park. Crazy fun guaranteed!
4. Zipline down the mountainHave you not yet got enough adrenaline, and are you not averse to a bit of speed? Then ziplining is the perfect activity for you. In a few seconds, you can reach speeds of up to 65 kilometres per hour and soar over the highest treetops! Moreover, this is an unforgettable experience where you not only have the time of your life but also gaze out for miles in the beautiful surroundings. Are you ready for this unique activity in the air?
5. Canoe or SUP across the riverOf course, when compiling this list, we also thought of holidaymakers who prefer to take it easy. In that case, a canoe trip on one of the rivers or lakes in Austria is an excellent idea. It is also fun to discover Austria from the water with the help of a stand-up paddleboard. Look forward to beautiful days on the water.
Can't wait to leave for Austria after reading these activities? Then take a look at the ChaletsPlus offer and find a holiday home that suits you